Queensland flood fundraising efforts
Photography: getty images
12:53PM, Jan 13, 2011
Chefs, restaurateurs and other hospitality professionals around the country are organising fund-raising events over the coming weeks, and we'll be listing the details of as many of them as we can on this page. If you'd like to donate directly to the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal in the meantime, visit the official Queensland flood fundraising website or call 1800 219 028 between 6am and 11pm.
- Church Street Enoteca is putting together Victorian Restaurants Unite For Qld Flood
- Sydney's Café Ish is donating $10 from each $45 per head meal on the evening of Saturday, February 5.
- The Australian Wine Trade Flood Relief raffle is now online.
- Café Sydney will be donating $3 from every dessert sold until the end of March.
- The Four in Hand's Colin Fassnidge has banded together with Neil Perry, Phil Wood and a dozen other leading Sydney chefs to give a $350 a head fundraising dinner at Rockpool on 31 January. Call Rockpool on 02 9252 1888 for bookings and more details.
- Fortitude Valley's Tartufo Ristorante + Bar is holding a special lunch on January 30 and donating all proceeds to the flood relief appeal. The degustation menu is $150 per person, all inclusive. RSVP by January 24 to firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3852 1500.
- Sydney butcher Victor Churchill will be
donating all sales from January 19 to the Premier's Flood
- A collection of Canberra wineries are getting together to sponsor a fundraising dinner and auction on February 3 at La Scala. Check out the Canberra District Wines website for details.
- Kim Thanh Restaurant (93 Hardgrave Rd, West End, Qld, 07 3844 4954) reopens on the 18th January and 10% of their first week's takings will go to the Premier's flood relief appeal.
- Icebergs, Rockpool, Aria, Guillaume at Bennelong, and Catalina will be joining forces at Rose Bay Promenade with a fundraising dinner on 17 February for the Salvation Army. Tickets are $1,000.00 per person or $10,000.00 per table. Call 02 9371 0555 for bookings and more information.
- Tognini's + Lavazza are donating $1 to the flood appeal from every coffee sold this week so get down to Tognini's Milton and Spring Hill stores.
- Byron Bay boutique beer brewery, Stone and Wood, is donating a batch of beer to raise funds for the flood appeal. The red ale, dubbed Red Relief, will be on sale at beerhouses around the country.
- Athletics equipment and artwork will be up for auction at 'Onya Aid' at Honey Bar, South Melbourne. Planned for Australia Day, the event will also feature the very Aussie pursuits of eating and beer-drinking.
- If you have a sweet-tooth and live in the Perth area, check
out Cupcakes 4 Qld, an event that is planned for
Jan 22. The aim of this event is to give office workers some sweet
treats to sell in their workplaces to raise money for the
- Bowral cafe The Hospital Shop (4 Mona Rd) is hosting Flood Relief Friday on January 21 with all profits from every coffee and Anzac biscuit sold going to the flood relief fund.
- Brett's Wharf Flood Relief/Produce Dinner
- Melbourne's Flower Drum is donating $5 from
every serving of Peking duck from January 17 through 28
to the Flood Relief fund.
- The staff at Sydney's Bistrode will be donating their tips from January 21 to the Flood Relief appeal. Jane and Jeremy Strode have said they will match their patrons's contributions.
- Float On is a Brisbane flood relief benefit.
- Maris restaurant is hosting a four course dinner with wines selected by wine writer Max Allen, plus fundraising raffle of food/wine books (MoVida, The Future Makers), a place on Max's wine course, bottles of wine, a hamper from Phillippa's and more. $100 per person, book at 03 9500 0665.
- Celebrate Australia Day Eve Tuesday 25th January at Mu'ooz Restaurant & Catering and help support the Queensland flood victims. All proceeds from the day will be donated directly to the Flood Relief Fund. 197-201 Beaudesert Road, Downstairs, Ranchhod Arcade, Moorooka, QLD.
- Streetsmart Australia Flood
- Botanical restaurant will be hosting a 5-course degustation dinner cooked by Cheong Liew, Adam da Silva, Brad Simpson and Tim Pak Poy with wines on 27 January. $300 per person including wine and $500 per person for the Chefs Table. Call 03 9820 7888 for bookings. Staff will be donating their wages for the night as well.
- Japaz restaurant is donating 10% of every tasting menu (choice of $49/$68/$88 each) sold from 20 January to 15 February to the flood relief fund.
- Each of Perth's 25 Aroma Cafés will be donating $1 from every coffee sold on 25 January to the Premier's Disaster Appeal.
- The Royal Saxon is offering all dining clients the option of adding a $2 charge to their bill that they will then match.
- Sydney Fish Market is raising funds with a
charity auction to help the affected fishermen, seafood businesses
and aquaculture farms that went under in the floods.
- Giovanni Pilu and Ormeggio's Alessandro Pavoni are hosting a Queensland flood relief dinner at Pilu at Freshwater on 8 February for the Queensland Farmer's Flood Appeal. The four course dinner with matching wines is $200 per person with all proceeds going to the appeal. Book at 02 9938 3331.
- Fortitude Valley's Siana Valley is holding a fundraising evening on 2 February.
- The Story Bridge Hotel is putting on a community barbecue on 22 January.
Stay tuned for more listings as they become available.