2008 Best on the Best: Nick Holloway, chef/co-owner, Nu Nu, Palm Cove
Kitchenware supplier Asian Foods (101-105 Grafton St, Cairns, Qld, 07 4052 1510) is great for cheap tools and small crockery. Serious equipment is best bought online.
Bottle shop I'm going to have to say go online to Ultimo Wine Centre out of Sydney or East End Cellars in Adelaide for the best there is.
Cheese The region produces two fantastic cheeses of note. The Mungalli Dairy (07 4097 2232) makes quite simply the best ricotta in the universe from its organic and biodynamic cow's milk, and Vannella Cheese Factory, a local father and son team, use buffalo milk from the tablelands to make fetta and mozzarella of exceptional quality.
Australian food product Wholegrain Milling Company for the silkiest, freshest, sweetest, stoneground organic flour. Unbeatable.
Nu Nu, 123 Williams Esp, Palm Cove, Qld, (07) 4059 1880, www.nunu.com.au.
Alla Wolf-Tasker, chef/owner, Lake House,
* Andrew McConnell, chef, Three, One, Two, Melbourne
* Peter Gilmore, chef, Quay, Sydney
* Bruno Loubet, chef, Baguette, Brisbane
* Nick Holloway, chef/co-owner, Nu Nu, Palm Cove
* David Coomer, chef, Star Anise, Perth
* Chui Lee Luk, chef/owner, Claude's, Sydney
* Jason Peppler, chef/owner, Isis, Brisbane
* Shannon Bennett, chef/owner, Vue de Monde, Melbourne