The trailer for Chef's Table season three is here
Author: Sophie McComas
10:07AM, Feb 10, 2017
The trailer for season three of the Emmy-nominated Netflix series, Chef's Table, has been released ahead of the season launch on 17 February.
Each episode in the series documents the work, career and occasional emotional outbursts of the world's leading chefs. Ben Shewry of Melbourne's Attica, Gourmet Traveller's 2014 Restaurant of the Year, was profiled in season one.
Created and directed by David Gelb, who also directed the cult documentary Jiro Dreams of Sushi, each episode of Chef's Table is shot in a detailed, engrossing, cinematic style. Gelb has a knack for intricately peeling back layers of each character using both interviews and a fly-on-the-wall perspective, revealing each chef to be as complex, creative, obsessive and ground-breaking in reality as they are on paper.
Season three will feature the following chefs from around the globe (we have to ask, where's the Australian talent?):
- Jeong Kwan, a zen Buddhist nun who cooks entirely vegan food at the Baekyangsa temple in South Korea, south of Seoul.
- Tim Raue, whose eponymous and acclaimed restaurant is located in Berlin, Germany.
- Ivan Orkin, New York's "ramen king".
- Vladimir Mukhin, one of Russia's leading young chefs who currently runs White Rabbit in Moscow, number 18 on the World's 50 Best Restaurants list.
- Nancy Silverton, California's legendary chef, baker and author whose Italian restaurants Osteria Mozza and Pizzeria Mozza in Los Angeles and Singapore are consistantly celebrated.
- Peru's foremost chef, Virgilio Martinez. His restaurant, Central, in Lima is listed as number four on the World's 50 Best Restaurants list and was awarded South America's best restaurant in 2016.
Chef's Table season three launches on Netflix on 17 February, 2017. netflix.com/au/title/80007945